Saturday, July 5, 2008

How is it that I like being a parent?

I am still surprised by how much I like being a parent. This is my kid:



His name is Connor and he's just over 2 years old. The kid is funny, sweet and oh so silly. I hate being away from him for too long and a day where I have to work long hours and don't get to see him at all is torture. He's very friendly and loves animals.



I honestly thought by now that I'd be a horrible dad and sick of the kid at this point. That couldn't be further from the truth though. I can't get enough of him. My day just isn't complete if I don't spend at least a half hour playing with him. I love it when he watches me play Rock Band and cheers when I finish a song. No matter how badly I play it, he has fun. It still baffles my mind that I'm a dad and I'm lucky enough to have this kick ass kid around.

Sure, there are plenty of times when it's difficult or when he gets on my nerves, but they're worth it. Nothing beats the feeling of watching his face light up when I pick him up from daycare after I get off work. No matter how bad a day I have, seeing the kid makes it all worth it.

Anyway, so far, being a parent is awesome. Thank you for reading all of that. Now to take the edge off all the sweet crap I just wrote, I give you this offensive, immature, disturbing, yet highly amusing to me video:

No comments: